Wondering if you should deliver your via a written blog article or a video? Both offer benefits and challenges.
A good , if properly developed, promotes visitor engagement, and provides a better return on investment.
Your blog articles are of great importance for the referencing of your website on search engines. Regularly updated web . with over 1,000 characters and rich in relevant keywords brings real added value to your and will have a better chance of appearing on the first pages of a . Therefore, written text has a real role to play in your
However, video is becoming more and more trendy in the world of . And for a good reason, video attracts more attention than text through its combination of moving images and sounds. In fact, 78% of Internet users watch videos every week and 55% watch them daily, mostly on platforms.
At the same time, the attention span of Internet users is increasingly limited and messages are more and more difficult to convey. Video is an attractive medium because a long message can be conveyed more quickly than with an article. On average, a user would spend 88% more time on a website with videos.
Moreover, platforms give video a special priority over text and images., Instagram, and other
Although producing a video requires more work, time, and money than an article, we strongly recommend that you integrate video . to some degree in your overall
But before you get started, let’s answer the original question: text or video?
Your objectives and target audience
It all depends on your objectives, your , and your team. Is your goal to generate traffic on your website and generate leads? Does your aim at increasing engagement and visibility? Know that a video published on social networks generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined in 2018.
What is the expertise of your team?
If writing is not your strength, but your colleagues are comfortable with cameras, go for video! All you have to do is summarize its in a few lines for your website’s SEO and use subtitles. On the other hand, if the world of audio-visual is unknown to you, it is better not to risk making poor and lose value on search engines.
Videos, yes, but quality videos!
In this case, what are my options? Take a video making and editing class? Hire a professional? Save on the budget and shoot everything with my iPhone?
For longer and more complex corporate videos, we recommend that you hire professionals who will create high-quality video online campaigns. that can be shared on your website and used for
For quick and short videos shared on platforms, most smartphones these days have high-performance integrated cameras that give very satisfying results. It is also handy for live videos on or Instagram, stories, or last-minute publications!
If you decide to shoot your video outside, we suggest investing in a portable microphone to avoid hearing noise pollution that could spoil the experience of your listeners.
6 key elements to produce good quality videos
- Know your audience: Whether you’re a , you will know how to address them, when, and how often. It’s important to determine and understand your to draw the best and focus your efforts. or , the key is to know your . Who will watch your videos? What do your website visitors want to know? Once you have determined your
- Be consistent: keep a common thread in your publications. Create a series around a specific theme that reinforces your message. For example, if educating your is important for your business, you could develop a series of Did you know or a series around fun facts. If your business involves lifestyle, you could develop a series around that.
- Be concise: avoid extra details or excess information, as you risk losing listeners. Your script needs a solid structure and a . Opt for good preparation and rehearsals before shooting!
- Keep it simple: an that is unfamiliar with your subject matter will not like overly technical vocabulary or complex reasoning. Adapt your terms, phrasing, and tone. The important thing is that all messages are delivered clearly.
5. Give examples and diagrams: According to Simply Measured, 74% of consumers understand a product or service better when it is explained through . The challenge here is to do it well. There are so many ways to make a subject more enjoyable and understandable, be creative! For example, a video featuring a novice character who accompanies the experts in their explanations and asks them questions is a proven technique. Offering your familiar references and comparisons also helps to make an idea more concrete.
6. Stay human: talking about our own experiences as an individual, entrepreneur, or a team about successes and failures makes the interlocutor more human and accessible. Storytelling, which consists of turning video into a story, humanizes the company a little more and puts a face on it. Internet users generally love this kind of because it allows them to see the company from a new angle. Bloopers are also a type of “bonus” video that has had some success, where you get a glimpse behind the scenes of a video shoot, in which team members goof around and make mistakes in their lines before finally getting the right take. Seize this kind of opportunity to be original and create !
Interesting often equals a variety of formats. Use text as well as images and videos to keep your visitors interested. Share your on or by email if you have a newsletter, for example. Integrating a video in an email can increase click rates by 200 to 300%!
Check out our article on how to optimize SEO for blog articles here.
Have any questions? Book your free consultation here.